Da issa again, the Benny!
A week after the wonderful, but tiring trip to Cork gave us Audrey (a French assistant in Enniskillen offered), in their car to the Slieve League, the famous cliffs on the coast drive from Donegal (west of the island, rep. territory, not far from Northern Ireland). Morgan and Claire had friends from France here - Juliette and Aurelia. The German fatherland was represented by Denis and me. Yes, not only asshole No.1 Sarkozy and silence-mouse-Chancellor Merkel "get along well" (some English. Phrases are hard to get out of my head, even when I write and speak German), German-auchdie French Connection is running.
in Donegal and Derry I am the end of January was the last time. The hill (mountain?) From Donegal have impressed me already and the pictures from the Glenveagh National Park are still the hottest at all (see Part VII below)! And just like the end of January we were not disappointed by the Irish weather: cold, but sun
The first pictures we owe our Spontaineität: We are the small crappy roads to the coast long down and have a beautiful view discovered, have the car parked and are just a few hundred yards left. It has really paid off! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you the beautiful coast of County Donegal:
These cliffs are quite small, but they were still beautiful. The rocky desert on the coast, which is torn from the sea and washed out, was also very impressive.
** The Old Man and the Sea (Hey, I celebrate my 26th birthday here soon ... fuuuuuuuuuuuuck ...).**
* * Bottom: What I say: "On behalf of the Senate and people of Rome to annex I spin this island ... "Okay, now I'm starting to be completely ... Incidentally, I'm completely out of the ancient-out business. It's ages since I babble about ancient history, lecture, or have read something about it. Once I had the St. Michael's College, the history teacher, met with their "fifth graders" in the Schulbib and they should do research about gladiators. I was trying to force her an expert talk about gladiatorial combat as a community-spectacle of Roman values, but I rejected this idea first lack of time and 2 wanted I do not seem arrogant ...
** Below: Look at these colors. Fantastic! **
****
are very cool after this stop, we then went to the more tourist and not more empty Slieve Leagues. Here are the impressions (but since I have no pictures with tourists, but us, but there were many of those and families):
** People: Claire, Auré ; lien (French visit of Oslo [precisely, her brains, he studied there and the pictures of fjords, ice and fresh water, which they upload to Facebook, make animal Bock to Norway!], Audrey, Denis and a pale of any type of sleep-deprived , which is simply slipped on the photo .**
added ** To put it in the gentle words of "dude" Jeff Lebowski: What does that bekackte this photo? Well first you see the Slieve League, and three-quarters of the height, the rest is under the blanket of fog. The pseudo-Napoleon caricatures the real front, before the British were afraid. Ireland is known, was of course part of the kingdom in the 19th Century and there was fear that grips the Corsican conquering empire of the west side - also via Ireland - at .**
** Is this is the Spiral staircase to Mordor? ** ****
According to this natural Flash, we then moved briefly into the "capital" of County Donegal. Name: Donegal =) Looked more like a market town from, not even half the size of Omagh, about 2,400 people! That is also the 'disadvantage' the beautiful landscape: A lot of nature and very little city.
Anyway, we still have a nice pub found where I mean bad grades billiards again could prove, and where Aurélien probably the best Guinness ad photo was shot: Fireplace, Pub, Guinness, hearing rt together!
Lustig: Aurélien asked in this pub in Donegal to cappuccino or irgendsonem stuff that you can buy in any Irish pub ** because it is there but the coffee shops, but is looooogisch =)**. The lady said no more harshly than polite and offered tea and ** very bad! ** To black coffee. Aurelien Finally, asked whether he can pay by debit card - is of course not in Donegal Town, and why? The lady just said to him, dryly: "Not your day, huh?"
****
From Donegal is then only about . 1 hour by car back to the (London) Derry in Northern Ireland to the next stop. City of Derry, where we met Juliette Morgan and her friend in the hostel. We hiked to the perfectly preserved city walls, I already knew ** **.
are later We then went to the two most famous pubs Derry: Sandino (international revolutionaries hanging there on every wall, the audience is open, friendly and relaxed, very much left everything) and Peadar O'Donnell's (very, very Irish, with live music , see figure below). Both pubs are unfortunately always breaking end fully, so I must honestly say that I prefer McCann's in Omagh **
Ah, little anecdote: I hope I will go O'Donnell's in the bathroom. A guy babbles at me, asks me where I come from. I proper "Germany", he comes from the land near Derry. He says: "We hate the English here." Yep, I know. He says added: "Derry is a shit hole" and I ask him if he would be better for his horse town and why he does not like Derry. "Too many tourists". Then his buddy comes to the urinal, the first guy says to him: "Hey Xy, this is Ben from Germany," and the new guy says - while he pees, "Hey Ben, how's it hangin '?" ; ... Guess what, i had to laugh involuntarily ... According to this natural Flash, we then moved briefly into the "capital" of County Donegal. Name: Donegal =) Looked more like a market town from, not even half the size of Omagh, about 2,400 people! That is also the 'disadvantage' the beautiful landscape: A lot of nature and very little city.
Anyway, we still have a nice pub found where I mean bad grades billiards again could prove, and where Aurélien probably the best Guinness ad photo was shot: Fireplace, Pub, Guinness, hearing rt together!
Lustig: Aurélien asked in this pub in Donegal to cappuccino or irgendsonem stuff that you can buy in any Irish pub ** because it is there but the coffee shops, but is looooogisch =)**. The lady said no more harshly than polite and offered tea and ** very bad! ** To black coffee. Aurelien Finally, asked whether he can pay by debit card - is of course not in Donegal Town, and why? The lady just said to him, dryly: "Not your day, huh?"
****
From Donegal is then only about . 1 hour by car back to the (London) Derry in Northern Ireland to the next stop. City of Derry, where we met Juliette Morgan and her friend in the hostel. We hiked to the perfectly preserved city walls, I already knew ** **.
are later We then went to the two most famous pubs Derry: Sandino (international revolutionaries hanging there on every wall, the audience is open, friendly and relaxed, very much left everything) and Peadar O'Donnell's (very, very Irish, with live music , see figure below). Both pubs are unfortunately always breaking end fully, so I must honestly say that I prefer McCann's in Omagh **
The level of my new friends was noticeably high. I then slowly adopted friendly ....
Peadar O'Donnell's ** **
The next day, a Sunday by the way: Juliette, Aurelien, Audrey and Denis knew the Museum of Free Derry (yet) that I often times what you have raved (cf. Excursus III). They have also the guide on the history of the Bogside and can tell the Bloody Sunday. It was the same guide that I had: Republicans, anti-British to the very core and more positive about the 'terrorist' or set in his terminology 'war' of the IRA in the past.
Aurélien The image below has made. It shows a part of the memorial to IRA hunger strikers who starved to death in prison to put the British government under pressure. Watch the film "Hunger" on! I have no real opinion about the Hungerstreikern to the IRA fighter Bobby Sands. For the guide of the museum and the people of the Bogside there are certainly heroes and martyrs. In the background you see "Free Derry Corner".
** While the folks in this difficult to digest, but are merely whistling told first-hand history lesson, I've drunk coffee in a pub (yes, I knew this all before) .**
Finally a nice row of houses in the city of Derry, which anyone can interpret one of you clever Meiern for itself:
evening brought us back to Audrey then Omagh. End of story
So what I will also like to write in my blog and here schonmal as on a post-it notes, because I usually forget.
- The best phrases Insiderjokes and Irish slang
- Best of German students - it come about partly funny phrases when writing 11-year-and 12-student homework, to shoot!
- collection of the funniest Guinness commercials! Yes, the Guinness-worship is important ...
- more to me is not a degree .... Fuck, now my time is here for, it's so sad. What is present now: 17th
March is St. Patrick's Day, an Irish and tend to be imaginary for the Catholic community holiday, which is for many people a good excuse to get drunk to fight and its partners to cheat. I stay with my people here in Omagh, Dublin is full, everything is booked and it is very expensive in the Republic, esp in Dublin! So let us here at the parade and go to the pubs. I still have to buy equipment, you know: little green hat, etc. Istn carnival, I think ... At the same time I submit my application for Ref (or halt the day after St. Patrick =). On 30
March then my mother comes to visit me here for a few days. Can not wait to show her my little world here.
Peace out, I go kip. Greetings to Germany to you all!
B.
The next day, a Sunday by the way: Juliette, Aurelien, Audrey and Denis knew the Museum of Free Derry (yet) that I often times what you have raved (cf. Excursus III). They have also the guide on the history of the Bogside and can tell the Bloody Sunday. It was the same guide that I had: Republicans, anti-British to the very core and more positive about the 'terrorist' or set in his terminology 'war' of the IRA in the past.
Aurélien The image below has made. It shows a part of the memorial to IRA hunger strikers who starved to death in prison to put the British government under pressure. Watch the film "Hunger" on! I have no real opinion about the Hungerstreikern to the IRA fighter Bobby Sands. For the guide of the museum and the people of the Bogside there are certainly heroes and martyrs. In the background you see "Free Derry Corner".
** While the folks in this difficult to digest, but are merely whistling told first-hand history lesson, I've drunk coffee in a pub (yes, I knew this all before) .**
Finally a nice row of houses in the city of Derry, which anyone can interpret one of you clever Meiern for itself:
evening brought us back to Audrey then Omagh. End of story
So what I will also like to write in my blog and here schonmal as on a post-it notes, because I usually forget.
- The best phrases Insiderjokes and Irish slang
- Best of German students - it come about partly funny phrases when writing 11-year-and 12-student homework, to shoot!
- collection of the funniest Guinness commercials! Yes, the Guinness-worship is important ...
- more to me is not a degree .... Fuck, now my time is here for, it's so sad. What is present now: 17th
March is St. Patrick's Day, an Irish and tend to be imaginary for the Catholic community holiday, which is for many people a good excuse to get drunk to fight and its partners to cheat. I stay with my people here in Omagh, Dublin is full, everything is booked and it is very expensive in the Republic, esp in Dublin! So let us here at the parade and go to the pubs. I still have to buy equipment, you know: little green hat, etc. Istn carnival, I think ... At the same time I submit my application for Ref (or halt the day after St. Patrick =). On 30
March then my mother comes to visit me here for a few days. Can not wait to show her my little world here.
Peace out, I go kip. Greetings to Germany to you all!
B.
0 comments:
Post a Comment