Monday, October 5, 2009

Vitamin B Smelly Urine

Exkurs I: Arbeit!!! Arbeit!!! Arbeit!!!

The German teacher in Enniskillen has a T-shirt with this print in his classroom! Photographic evidence show is difficult, because the schools here all have very very strict rules with photos and general Child Protection .**


Yes, we Germans have a reputation to be diligent to workaholic. That is just a prejudice, you all know from our own experience decay or you can feel it in the bones, if you Monday (especially in winter!) reluctantly gets up and your body asks you why you want him to torture in the middle of the night. Well, I can at least not to complain too much work, but also not too little, so I am useless and almost "only on holidays" feel. Following my previous blog entries, you have to think yes, Benny, gave the NEN lazy Lenz. That this is not so, I will try to prove by my schedule. ** Allen-working trainees / teachers and other people engaged in an honest job, if possible, I only say that I envy no one on my time just 12 hours of work and my free Friday is required, because I will of course only for those 12 hours paid, which would be just under 800 pounds, but that of course, is from the National Insurance, then a bissl tax (but I get back) and 200 pounds rent **.



up the clock, seven short ** the hard worker among you laugh me right out before grad students make great eyes only ;-)** matter of getting used and the work works also good as I now know about what I can do with what year, the students know my bad jokes slowly and the teachers know that they can count on me. most difficult I find it still to me for the little ones (Year 8-11, at the age of 11 to 14 years) ** but they are really sweet to cuddle, even if they sometimes ** restless and unfocused games are unthinkable. Another disadvantage with ** by itself! ** Is that I have with the students from Year 8 and 9, just not strictly CAN be, because so small, delicate and, despite their troubled Type are usually ready to learn.

The crux of the school system, as I meet here at three high schools is quite prominent, the concentration of teaching practiced at heart conversation with a very small proportion of their own (creative) text production. That means: The English class in Germany leads to my observation to a greater emphasis on the consistent practicing of grammar and constantly urges the students to produce texts. Here is the German, French, English lessons really designed to central exit exams, both oral and written requests and the theory of grammar and everything automatically query. In fact, it is so that the common (and STEEEEEERBENSLANGWEILIGEN!) Exam questions are learned by heart and unwound. ** Test questions have surprisingly not about the land of language, but only about their own universe: "What do you look? Describe your family! Describe your neighborhood, your room, etc.! Do you work after school? What have you done last weekend ...?" **

My job as an assistant, it is now ** depending on type of teacher, I am at three schools, more So I work with two teachers and a teacher together ** the children to talk and sometimes to get letters. In Omagh, I assist mostly in the classroom, in Strabane, I assume small parts or even all the teaching (eg with a vocabulary of food, disguised in a Power Point presentation, for each class room here has a projector, boards are unfortunately for scarce!). I was in Strabane even replacement times, it felt good! In Enniskillen, Strabane and I take their own small groups. The teacher is in Enniskillen me as almost completely free hand: "I It does not matter what you do with them, they speak German main thing. " The 12-year-groups I support in their preparation for the GCSE exams (GCSE, if you insist not good, you can not finish school) that falls under the category "Questions widerkä , uen.

The most fun I enjoy working with three A-level students (high school) in Strabane and working with three four-to five-member A-Level Groups in Enniskillen (in Omagh Academy, there is no German in the Abi). Here I have a free hand and can really build on a certain level and a few simply prepared texts and discuss approaches ** ** bonds in discussions. For example, I'll start with two A2-level students in Strabane just so on, "Sophie Scholl. The last day to see ". To my bright enthusiasm of the two students knew from his history lessons about the Nazi era than I would expect from many German high school graduates. He is also a very bright guy, and not representative, so now I will sing no hymn of praise to a thousand times better / smarter Northern Ireland! Students without English subtitles the film would be the way not understand, but that's normal. I have learned only in recent years to understand movies in original English.

Well, so much to do so. To the possible question of which school I do work on the most fun, I must say, Strabane Grammar. Why? It's simple: Unlike the other schools I'm there twice a week and since then I feel more "at home" and know more teachers by name as in the other schools. The nice thing is that I have in Strabane and Enniskillen respectively a French assistant colleague with whom I get along very well and has raised a few Guinness together I ** and in Omagh is clear: I'm at my flat mates as colleagues **. By the way, what I've heard about some wizard way with respect to antisocial behavior or the like, then I'm real happy with my year had here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment